White Chocolate-Chip Brownies
You will need:
200g dark chocolate
275g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
large pinch of salt
110g self raising flour
30g cocoa powder
110g white chocolate chips (or just chop white chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper, making sure the paper comes up the sides of the tin.
2. Put the butter, dark chocolate and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and set it over (but not in) a saucepan of warm water.
3. Let the butter and chocolate melt, stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and leave to cool.
4. Whisk the eggs, vanilla and salt until combined.
5. Whisk the egg mixture into the cooled melted chocolate.
6. Sift the flour, and cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture and fold it in.
7. Now add the white chocolate chips and fold these in too.
8. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes (or less, if you want them fudgy). Let the brownies cool completely in the tin.
9. Eat them!